We want to see your best halloween costumes this week. For those wanting to participate in our Halloween costume contest, please dress up on either October 28th (Wednesday) for A-K, and October 29th...
Registration for 2020-2021 is currently taking place through June 24th.
Due to COVID19 circumstances and safe distancing standards, we need all students to REQUEST their classes in ClassChoice. This will allow us to run student requests through different scenarios which will ultimately help build their class schedule for next year. Counselors have already mailed this printed copy to your home with detailed instructions, instructions are also below with helpful links.
Please let a school counselor know if you have any questions.
( All incoming 9th graders from Centennial Middle School have already completed this procedure.)
- Log in to your student PowerSchool account
- On the left hand side CLICK on the ClassChoice Icon
- ·This will take you directly to the ClassChoice request screen
- Students, should you have difficulty accessing your Powerschool, contact Mrs. Allred, email@example.com
- Parents, should you have difficulty accessing your Powerschool, contact Mrs. Hayward, firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1 CLICK on Add Core.
- This will take you to core courses selection.
- Read each category and CLICK on one choice from all Required areas (you will not be able to move on without clicking on a choice in these categories). Recommended areas are core requirements recommended for your grade level.
- In categories marked Optional you are not required to choose a course.
- Once you have made a choice in all required categories CLICK save requests.
Step 2 CLICK on the Add Electives menu.
- CLICK on All Electives or on Elective categories.
- You must choose 8 credits filling up the Bar from Red to Green.
- Once the request bar is Green you are complete.
- If you are over scheduled (more than 8 total credits) remove any additional courses and add them to your alternate selection.
Step 3 CLICK on Add Alternates menu
- CLICK on add alternates.
- Choose at least 4 alternates in case you aren’t able to get your first choice electives or have conflicting courses.
- We recommend that you choose both year long and semester electives to assist in scheduling
To access the 4-Year Graduation Plan in PowerSchool to look at courses that students planned with counselors during CCR’s
- In your PowerSchool account, CLICK on “Grade History/Reports” tab,
- CLICK on the “CCR Plan”
- CLICK on the tab at the top indicating the students next year’s grade level. (This is their stored education and course plans from ongoing student, parent and counselor meetings.)
- Timpview Course Catalog (Course Descriptions, Course Credit Types for Graduation)
- Graduation Requirements (Review Credit types and number of credits required for Graduation)
- Video on how to access and read Graduation progress in Powerschool
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Distance Learning/Live Interactive
- CTE Pathways–Be a CTE Pathway completer and receive honors chords at graduation
- Drivers Education Information
- Laude Honors System – Provo City School District’s HonorsCum Laude,Magna Cum Laude,Suma Cum Laude
- MTECH – Mountainland Technical College (Attend tuition free during High School,Earn certifications in high demand careeLink to the
- Work Based Learning, On and off Campus Internships,Getting Credit for work
- Options for Credit Acceleration or Credit Recovery (Eschool, Summer School, Utah SOEP and other credit options)
- Utah’s Math Concurrent Enrollment Math Pathways Find out which CE Math is best for what you want to study in College
If you have questions or run into any problems requesting your classes please email your counselor directly.
Student Last Names Counselor email address
- A-Ce Alai Kalaniuvalu email@example.com
- Ch-F Brooklyn Cook firstname.lastname@example.org
- G-J Monique Hadley email@example.com
- K-M Lori Rich firstname.lastname@example.org
- N-Sh Rachelle Carter email@example.com
- Si-Z Nate Warner firstname.lastname@example.org