Last modified: December 10, 2018
- Timpview Scholarship News
- Timpview Scholarship Booklet 2017-2018
- Scholar Box – Scholarship Database
- Scholarship Toolkit – Step Up Utah
Important Information About Division I & Division II
If you plan to enter college in 2012 or after, you will need 16 core courses in the following breakdown: GPA must be a 2.3 and there are Qualifying ACT Scores As well.
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of mathematics (Algebra I or higher)
- 2 years of natural/physical science (one must be a lab science)
- 1 year of additional English, math or science
- 2 years of social studies
- 4 years of additional core courses (from any area listed above, or from foreign language, or philosophy)
Note: 10 of the core must be done by the end of the Junior Year, and 7 of them must be in Math, English and Science.
Note: Test scores must be reported directly from either ACT or SAT using code 9999.
Note: It is the student’s responsibility to register with NCAA and make sure they have taken the required core classes.
NCAA Eligibility Information Center access to approved classes by teacher
Core Course GPA
We are pleased to inform you that Timpview High School is making CoreCourseGPA.com, a web-based software program, available to all Timpview High School student-athletes and their parents/guardians free of charge.
If your child has aspirations of competing athletically as a freshman at an NCAA Division I or Division II school, they must meet NCAA Initial-Eligibility minimum standards, including minimum core course GPA and SAT/ACT test score requirements. CoreCourseGPA.com is an innovative tool that allows you to easily track your son or daughter’s progress towards meeting these requirements, beginning as soon as the first semester of their freshman year.
CoreCourseGPA Website Information Includes:
- Three rules of being a parent
- Scholarship myths and facts
- NAIA and JUCO education
- Scholarships, do they differ?
- The Name Game
- Negotiate/Cooperative Education
- Dangers of social networking/cell phones/Saving for College
- National Letter of Intent
- NCAA/NAIA Eligibility Centers
- Recruiting Services
- NCAA core course requirements
CoreCourseGPA.com incorporates the NCAA recognized core courses for Timpview High School into the online course entry forms, calculates BOTH Division I and Division II core course GPA, automatically factors weighted grades into calculations and tracks course requirements for BOTH Division I and Division II. Your son or daughter’s core course information is saved for the duration of their high school career.
Timpview High School is proud to make this innovative software available to you free of charge. We believe CoreCourseGPA.com will be a very useful academic tool for you and your student-athlete.
CoreCourseGPA.com also provides you access to free recruiting webinars through FreeRecruitingWebinar.org, a nonprofit program. Webinar previews as well as full length recruiting webinars may be accessed on the FreeRecruitingWebinar.org website. Viewing a full length webinar is highly recommended to learn about the facts and rules of recruiting. The recruiting process starts in the freshman year. Make sure you are prepared.
How to Create an Account
To activate your child’s CoreCourseGPA.com membership, follow these simple steps:
- Go to www.CoreCourseGPA.com
- Click on “New Free Member Account” in the upper left corner and enter the School ID and School Code:
- School ID: 450326
- School Code: 785743379
- Click “Continue.”
- Fill in the appropriate fields in the Create New Student Account form. Remember to write down the new Member Name and Password you have created
- Click “Submit.”
Congratulations! You have successfully created your CoreCourseGPA.com member account.
How To Login
To login to your member account and begin using the CoreCourseGPA.com software, follow these simple steps:
- Go to www.CoreCourseGPA.com
- Enter your Member Name and Password in the Member Login box in the upper right corner. Use the Member Name and Password you created during the account activation process
- Click “Login.”
Begin using your CoreCourseGPA.com account!
It is important to note that your use of corecoursegpa.com is not a substitute for registering with the NCAA eligibility center after the completion of six high school semesters.