Last modified: January 8, 2019
Timpview Driver Education Requirements
- NO ABSENCES ARE ALLOWED FOR ANY DRIVER ED CLASSES!!!
- To register for the classroom or online course, you must be 15 years of age and hold a valid Learner’s permit.
- All classroom sessions consist of 14 two-hour classes.
- All classroom sessions are held from 2:30-4:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday.
- For either the classroom or online course, the $140 feel must be paid at the financial office before beginning the course. All pre-existing unpaid school feel must be paid before signing up for Drivers Ed.
Note: Enrollment in any Timpview Driver Ed course requires that the student live within the Timpview boundaries.
How Do I Register?
Timpview Driver Education offers two options to complete the classroom instruction phase:
- Classroom Course
- Online Course
Registration for the eight 2018-2019 sessions listed below takes place at the Timpview Financial Office at the same time you make payment for the class. This must be done in person–there is no online registration for the Classroom Course offered during the regular school year. All sessions are limited to 25 students.
Sessions for Classroom Courses – August 2018-May 2019
- Session #1, August 21st-September 12th
- Session #2, September 18th-October 10th
- Session #3, October 24th-November 15th
- Session #4, November 27th-December 19th
- Session #5, January 8th-January 31st
- Session #6, February 12th-March 6th
- Session #7, March 12th-April 10th
- Session #8, April 16th-May 8th
Requirements for the Online Course:
- As mentioned above, a learner’s permit must be obtained and the course fee paid before signing up for the course.
- Students have 6 weeks to complete the course.
- Online students must complete all assignments completely and in proper order and check for and respond promptly to emails from the instructor.
Complete the Timpview Online Driver Education Form to register for the Online Drivers Education Course. You will receive an invitation e-mail from: INSTRUCTURE CANVAS, COURSE INVITATION with a link to the course within 48 hrs.
If you do not receive an invitation or if you have any questions, email Mr. Sutherland at: firstname.lastname@example.org or come to Mr. Sutherland’s classroom: U-24.
Timpview Driver Ed is a 4-phase program
- Course Instruction (classroom or online)
- Simulator Driving (2 hours/day for 3 days)
- On the street Driving and Testing (2 hours/day for 3 days–on the 4th day student is tested by same driving instructor)
- 40 hours of Parental Driving (This is not optional and it is very important)
Coach Roylance directs the Drivers Ed program and can be reached at 435-671-9702