Last modified: March 21, 2020
Note: Online Drivers Ed is Available During the Closure
During the closure, payment for Online Drivers Ed can be made though the financial office by phone. Right now the best way to make that happen is to email Shauna Black, the financial office secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org and leave a phone number and ask her to call you back. The phone call is necessary to assure that outstanding balances are paid before beginning Drivers Ed. After making payment or arranging for a fee waiver, the Online Class can be started at any time.
Coach Roylance directs the Drivers Ed program and can be reached at:
- Phone: 435-671-9702
- Email: email@example.com
Timpview Driver Education Requirements
- NO ABSENCES ARE ALLOWED FOR ANY DRIVER ED CLASSES!!!
- To register for the classroom or online course, you must be 15 years of age and hold a valid Learner’s permit.
- All classroom sessions consist of 14 two-hour classes.
- All classroom sessions are held from 2:30-4:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday.
- For either the classroom or online course, the $140 feel must be paid at the financial office before beginning the course. All pre-existing unpaid school fees must be paid before signing up for Drivers Ed.
Note: Enrollment in any Timpview Driver Ed course requires that the student live within the Timpview boundaries.
How Do I Register?
Timpview Driver Education offers two options to complete the classroom instruction phase:
- Classroom Course
- Online Course
Registration for all sessions listed below takes place at the Timpview Financial Office at the same time you make payment for the class. This must be done in person–there is no online registration for any classroom sessions. All sessions are limited to 30 students.
Sessions for the 2019-2020 School Year
Only four Classroom sessions will be offered during the 2019-2020 school year–one per quarter. Each session meets Tuesday-Friday from 2:30-4:30 for a total of 14 days.
- Quarter 1: September 10th-October 2nd (registration deadline: September 3rd)
- Quarter 2: October 29th-November 20th (registration deadline: October 16th)
- Quarter 3: January 22nd-February 13th (registration deadline: January 14th)
- Quarter 4: April 14th-May 6th (registration deadline: April 3rd)
Requirements for the Online Course:
- As mentioned above, a learner’s permit must be obtained and the course fee paid before signing up for the course.
- Students have 6 weeks to complete the course.
- Online students must complete all assignments completely and in proper order and check for and respond promptly to emails from the instructor.
Complete the Timpview Online Driver Education Form to register for the Online Drivers Education Course. You will receive an invitation e-mail from: INSTRUCTURE CANVAS, COURSE INVITATION with a link to the course within 48 hrs.
If you do not receive an invitation or if you have any questions, email Mr. Sutherland at: firstname.lastname@example.org or come to Mr. Sutherland’s classroom: U-24.
Note: This class is not associated with the Provo School District Canvas network. So, when you reply to the course invitation, do not attempt to sign in through “https://provo.instructure.com”. Instead, sign in through:
You may need to create a new password for the course.
Timpview Driver Ed is a 4-phase program
- Course Instruction (classroom or online)
- Simulator Driving (2 hours/day for 3 days)
- On the street Driving and Testing (2 hours/day for 3 days–on the 4th day student is tested by same driving instructor)
- 40 hours of Parental Driving (This is not optional and it is very important)