Last modified: July 2, 2020
Letter to Parents on Drivers Ed Situation in Provo School District
Note: Online Drivers Ed is Available During the Closure
During the closure, payment for Online Drivers Ed can be made though the financial office by phone. Right now the best way to make that happen is to email Shauna Black, the financial office secretary, at email@example.com and leave a phone number and ask her to call you back. The phone call is necessary to assure that outstanding balances are paid before beginning Drivers Ed. After making payment or arranging for a fee waiver, the Online Class can be started at any time.
Coach Roylance directs the Drivers Ed program and can be reached at:
- Phone: 435-671-9702
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Questions about the Online Drivers Ed Class, contact Mr. Sutherland at:
Timpview Driver Ed is a 4-phase program
- Course Instruction (classroom or online)
- Simulator Driving (2 hours/day for 3 days)
- On the street Driving and Testing (2 hours/day for 3 days–on the 4th day student is tested by same driving instructor)
- 40 hours of Parental Driving (This is not optional and it is very important)
Timpview Driver Education Requirements
- NO ABSENCES ARE ALLOWED FOR ANY DRIVER ED CLASSES!!!
- To register for the classroom or online course, you must be 15 years of age and hold a valid Learner’s permit.
- All classroom sessions consist of 14 two-hour classes.
- All classroom sessions are held from 2:30-4:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday.
- For either the classroom or online course, the $140 feel must be paid at the financial office before beginning the course. All pre-existing unpaid school fees must be paid before signing up for Drivers Ed.
Note: Enrollment in any Timpview Driver Ed course requires that the student live within the Timpview boundaries.
How Do I Register?
Timpview Driver Education offers two options to complete the classroom instruction phase:
- Classroom Course–NOT AVAILABLE AT PRESENT
- Online Course
Registration for all sessions listed below takes place at the Timpview Financial Office at the same time you make payment for the class. This must be done in person–there is no online registration for any classroom sessions. All sessions are limited to 30 students.
Requirements for the Online Course:
- As mentioned above, a learner’s permit must be obtained and the course fee paid before signing up for the course.
- Students have 6 weeks to complete the course.
- Online students must complete all assignments completely and in proper order and check for and respond promptly to emails from the instructor.
Complete the Timpview Online Driver Education Sign Up Form (linked below) to register for the Online Drivers Education Course. You will receive an invitation e-mail from: INSTRUCTURE CANVAS, COURSE INVITATION with a link to the course within 48 hrs.
If you do not receive an invitation or if you have any questions, email Mr. Sutherland at: email@example.com. Before emailing with your questions, please read the information below concerning receiving the Receiving the Course Invitation and Getting Started since they address the two most common issues.
Problems Receiving the Course Invitation?
The Course Invitation is sent to the email used to sign up for the online class. Look for/search “Course Invitation” and be sure to check your “junk” and “spam”.
Problems Getting Started?
If you already have a regular (not provo.instructure) Canvas account, then after you receive the course invitation, just log on to your regular canvas account and you should have Timpview Online Drivers Ed listed as one of your classes. Make sure you are not logging onto provo.instructure, because it’s not there and you won’t be able to log on. If you do not already have a regular, non-provo.instructure account, it will let you create an account and that should work.