Last modified: June 2, 2022
Online Drivers Ed is Currently the Only Class Option We Are Offering
Note: Timpview’s Drivers Ed program runs year round, including summers. Read below for more information on how the class functions.
Payment for the Class
Payment for Drivers Ed must be made, or a Fee Waiver approved, before beginning the class.
- Pay in person at the Financial Office (see summer hours at the bottom of this page)
- Pay online using My School Fees.
- Email Shauna Black, the financial secretary, at email@example.com and leave a phone number and ask her to call you back to make the payment over the phone.
The school asks for outstanding fees to be paid before allowing payment for Drivers Ed.
Save proof of payment for the first assignment of the online class: “Verification of Payment”
After making payment or arranging for a fee waiver, the Online Class can be started at any time.
Coach Roylance directs the Drivers Ed program. For questions about Road Driving or questions about the program, other than the Online Class, he can be reached at:
- Phone: 435-671-9702
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Questions about the Online Drivers Ed Class, contact Mr. Sutherland at:
Timpview Driver Ed is a 4-phase program
- Course Instruction (currently online only)
- Simulator Driving (2 hours/day for 3 days)
- Road Driving and Testing (usually 2 hours/day for 3 days)
- 40 hours of Parental Driving (This should be started upon securing a Learner Permit and should be substantially completed before Road Driving. Road Driving is for polishing skills, habits and maneuvers and successfully passing your Road Test–not for learning the basics. All of the 40 hours do not have to be completed before Road Driving, but they do need to be completed in order to get your license after Road Driving is completed.)
Timpview Driver Education Requirements
- To register for the classroom or online course, you must be 15 years of age and hold a valid Learner’s permit and live within Provo School District boundaries.
- Students have six weeks from the time they register to complete the online course.
- Simulator sessions and Road Driving typically occur from 2:30-4:30 p.m (times change during summer). If conflicts make this time frame impossible, do not sign up for this course.
- For either the classroom or online course, the $140 feel must be paid (or a fee waiver obtained) at the financial office before beginning the course. All pre-existing unpaid school fees must be paid before signing up for Drivers Ed.
How Do I Register for the Online Course?
Note: Timpview’s Canvas Drivers Ed course is not part of Provo Canvas, so upon receiving the Course Invitation, students will need to create a new account; attempting to access the class through Provo Instructure will not work.
Complete the Timpview Online Driver Education Sign Up Form (linked below) to register for the Online Drivers Education Course. You will receive an invitation e-mail from: INSTRUCTURE CANVAS, COURSE INVITATION with a link to the course within 48 hrs.
If you do not receive an invitation within 48 hours, or if you have any questions, email Mr. Sutherland at: email@example.com. Before emailing with your questions, please read the information below concerning receiving the Receiving the Course Invitation and Getting Started since they address the two most common issues.
Problems Receiving the Course Invitation?
The Course Invitation is sent to the email used to sign up for the online class. Look for/search “Course Invitation” and be sure to check your “junk” and “spam”.
If you have not seen any Course Invitations, be sure to check your Spam. Many students miss the course invitation in their spam.
Timpview Online Drivers Ed is NOT part of Provo.Instructure. It is, instead, part of Canvas.Instructure. Make sure you are not logging onto provo.instructure, because this course is not there and you won’t be able to log on.
The course does not require a join code to get started. If it’s asking for a join code, make sure you’re not going to:
Instead, you want to go to:
If you already have a regular (not provo.instructure) Canvas account associated with the email you used to sign up for the class, then after you receive the course invitation, just log on to your regular canvas account and you should have Timpview Online Drivers Ed listed as one of your classes. If you EVER used that email previously with a non provo.instructure account, it will want you to use the login information you previously used, even if it was years ago in elementary school or whatever. If you do not already have a regular, non-provo.instructure account, it will let you create an account and that should work.
A small percentage of emails just don’t work. If you are unable to get started using an email, just send me (firstname.lastname@example.org) a different email and we’ll try that. The email we use to start the class has no real significance, other than for starting the class. It’s just a way to receive the Course Invitation and start the course.
Summer Office Hours
- May 30th-Memorial Day (Office Closed)
- MAY 31ST-JUNE 2ND: 8:00-2:00 MAIN OFFICE AND COUNSELING
- JUNE 6TH-JUNE 9TH: 8:00-2:00 MAIN OFFICE AND COUNSELING
- JUNE 13TH-JUNE 16TH: 8:00-2:00 MAIN OFFICE AND COUNSELING
- June 20th-Juneteenth (Offices Closed)
- JUNE 21ST-JUNE 23RD MAIN OFFICE AND COUNSELING
- JUNE 27TH -JUNE 30th: 8:00-2:00 MAIN OFFICE
- MAIN OFFICE ONLY
- JULY 11TH -14TH 8:00-2:00
- JULY 18TH-21ST 8:00-2:00
*BUILDING IS CLOSED WEEKS OF THE JULY 4TH AND 24TH