Last modified: August 8, 2018
Register for Driver Education
Timpview Driver Education Requirements
- To register for all sessions, you must be 15 years of age and hold a valid Learner’s permit.
- All classroom sessions consist of 14 two-hour classes.
- All sessions are held from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. Tuesday – Friday.
- All pre-existing unpaid school fees need to be paid before signing up for Drivers Ed.
Timpview Driver Education Offers Two Options to Complete the Classroom Instruction Phase
- Classroom Course
- Online Drivers Education Course
How do I register?
- Classroom Course–Regular School Year: Registration for the eight 2018-2019 sessions listed above takes place at the Timpview Financial Office (see below for summer hours) at the same time you make payment for the class. This must be done in person–there is no online registration for the Classroom Course offered during the regular school year. All sessions are limited to 25 students.
- Online Course: Offered year-round. Registration for this course is done online after payment is made in the Financial Office.
Note: Enrollment in any Timpview Driver Education course requires that the student lives within the Timpview boundaries.
Timpview Driver Education Has 4 Phases
- Course Instruction (in classroom or online)
- Simulator Driving (2 hours/day for 3 days)
- On the street Driving and Testing (2 hours/day for 3 days — on the 4th day student is tested by same driving instructor)
- 40 hours of Parental Driving (This is not optional and it is very important)