Parents/Guardians, The intent of our correspondence is to inform you of an upcoming information night related to the school safety bond initiative on this November’s ballot. If approved by...
The ACT will be administered to all juniors during the regular school day on Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at no cost to you. We do not require you to register your child to take the ACT on this date. There is no school on Wednesday, February 20, 2019 for freshmen, sophomores, and seniors.
The remainder of this correspondence is for parents/guardians of junior students.
The ACT scores will provide you with information about your child’s progress toward college readiness and is widely used by colleges for admission decisions. Students participating in this administration of the ACT will be able to share their ACT scores with colleges and/or universities of their choice.
Please note the following information regarding ACT testing.
- ACT testing for all juniors will be on Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at Timpview High School.
- Busses will make their typical routes on the morning of the test.
- Students should arrive to the school no later than 7:20am to ensure they have adequate time to find their testing room and check in.
- Students should bring identification, an ACT approved calculator, and a number 2 pencil. For more information on approved calculators, please refer to https://www.act.org/.
- Students should not have phones or internet-accessing devices (e.g., watches) in the testing rooms. If a student is found with any of these devices, it can result in immediate dismissal from the ACT test and scores will be invalidated.
- Students should not bring books, dictionaries, or reading material.
- Students should also not bring food or beverages (including water) into the testing rooms.
- The ACT test will end at around 12:00pm. Busses will leave at around 12:45pm. A late bus for students with extended time accommodations will leave at around 2:15pm. A grab-and-go lunch will be available after the test.
- If any students arrive late, they may not gain entrance to take the ACT test.
- Students must have completed the ACT interest inventory prior to the test date or they may not gain entrance to take the ACT. Students complete the interest inventory in their language arts class.
- ACT no longer provides self-paced extended time as an accommodation.
ACT testing make-up day for students that are ill is on Tuesday, March 12, 2019.