Last modified: August 25, 2019
CAD Architecture Design I
Course Description/Overview/Welcome Statement
EGDT 1090 – Intro to Architectural Drafting and Design
Timpview – CAD Architecture I
Course Objectives or Learning Outcomes
- Apply 3D Modeling / Building Information Modeling (BIM) concepts
- Construct and edit basic residential and commercial 3D architectural models
- Examine residential and commercial construction materials/techniques within a BIM
- Create floor plans, elevations, sections, details, roof plan, and 3D views of a model
- Manipulate model information for quantifying project materials
- Construct a physical cross section model
- Understand sketching techniques
- Interpret and create construction documents
- Understand, demonstrate, and apply mathematics and measuring skills
- Look at related career opportunities within Architecture, Engineering and Construction
Assessment of Progress
This course is a college course and helps students to explore a possible career choice. Therefore, students are expected to be present during class time and to take full advantage of this time to focus on work throughout the class period. There may be homework assignments that will need to be completed so that the student will be successful in this class.
Students will be given 5 pts daily for being on time. If the student is tardy they will lose all 5pts. Additionally students will be given 15 pts daily for completing the daily task/assignment. If the student does not complete the assignment during class they can come that day during lunch or after school (Even days) to complete it for full credit. Once the school day is done and the student has not completed the daily task/assignment the student will get half of the 15 pts for turning it in late. If a student is absent (that is an excused absent) they will have two weeks to make up the work for full credit. For excused absences the 5pts for attendance does not count against their grade.
All work will be available through the Canvas Online System. All reading material, assignments, quizzes, test will be given online. If any parent would like to be added into the canvas system just e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be added as an observer to your son or daughters account. Please include in your e-mail who your son or daughter is and which class they are attending.
Required Text and Materials
Autodesk Revit Architecture 2020 for Architects & Designers
Computers can sometimes crash so each student should have a flash drive to bring to class.
- Come prepared and ON TIME to learn and work every day! We will work the entire period on drafting related curriculum
- No Cell Phones.
- No playing computer games during class time.
- Listen and actively participate in class discussions.
- Respect the rights of others to learn. Don’t talk while the instructor is giving lessons and don’t disturb others.
- Do not listen to your iPod etc. while instruction is being given.
- Don’t’ cheat. A student caught cheating will receive a “0” for that assignment, quiz, or test.
Calendar of Due Dates for Major Assignments
Progress Reports and Report Cards
Parent and guardians can log into the power school app to check on grades. This will be the official grade that will be on their report card and an average of all terms will be placed onto the UVU transcript for those students who will be taking this class as concurrent enrollment.
All work will be available through the Canvas Online System. All reading material, assignments, quizzes, test will be given online. If any parent would like to be added into the canvas system just e-mail me at email@example.com and request to be added as an observer to your son or daughters account. Please include in your e-mail who your son or daughter is and which class they are attending. Please do not go by the total grade in the canvas system. The official grade will be in power school.