Last modified: December 7, 2018
Commit To Be Fit!
As a Fitness and Wellness instructor, my goal is simple: I want you to want to work out,
to love working out and to get hooked!
- Contact Information
- Fit for Life
- Lifetime Sports
- Run Fitness
- Unit One
- Unit Two
Physical Education Essential Learning Standards
- Students will gain an understanding of the five elements of fitness: Cardiovascular, Muscular Endurance, Muscular Strength, Flexibility and BMI.
- Students should be able to follow the Food Pyramid and read food labels proficiently
- Students will learn the FITT principles. Frequency, Intensity, Time and Type
- Students will be able to recognize signs of depression/suicide and know where to get help and information.
- Students will learn how to calculate their Target Heart Rate and use it in their own exercise program
- Students will learn the importance of body composition/body fat and how to measure their own.
- Students will learn how to perform CPR
- Students will learn coping strategies on how to deal with stress and learn meditation and relaxation methods
- Students will learn the importance of lifelong fitness, activity and a healthy lifestyleP