Timpview High School Driver Education
- Fill out online pre-registration form for classroom instruction
- This form will let us know what session(s) you are available to take
- Please select a second choice session in the event your choice is unavailable
- Your birthday will help us resolve any conflicts or overloaded sessions
- No more than two absences will be allowed during Fall and Winter session.
- No more than one absence is allowed during Summer sessions.
- Mondays will not be used for classroom instruction
- Pay $140 fee at the financial business office
- Fee should be paid no later than the end of your classroom instruction
- Fee waivers must be approved by the Principal
- Obtain learner permit issued by the State Driver License Division once the following has been completed:
- Reached 15 years of age
- Passed the knowledge test require by the division with a score of 80% or higher
- Passed the physical and mental fitness tests
- Submitted a nonrefundable fee for a learner permit under Section 53-3-105
(The applicant of the learner’s permit may drive only when accompanied in the front seat by an approved driving license instructor, the applicant’s parent or legal guardian or a responsible licensed adult who has signed for the applicant under Section 53-3-211)
- To obtain the final Driver License Permit a student must successfully complete all of the following activities for Timpview High School’s five phase Driver Education program:
- Classroom Instruction (30 hours)
- Driving simulator (6 hours)
- Multiple-car driving range (8 hours)
- On-street driving instruction (6 hours)
- Parental involvement with learner permit (40 hours)
- Pass a final road test administered by a Timpview licensed examiner with a total point deduction of 20 points or less.